Street Street photography (Image thread)

Will, of course, yours called out to me as well. Beautifully seen and photographed - the light and shadow, the lines...a man and his dog. Whether these two are really a pair or not, it's clear that there's an understanding.

Street_Carabinieri.jpg

Street_Carabinieri_2.jpg

Both the above taken with G1 plus 14 45mm "kit" lens

and the following with the G1 plus 45mm 200mm @200mm, (400mm)

Street_Carabinieri_3.jpg

Hi Norman

45mm 200mm
there is a thread on M43 with lots of images and discussion
on occasions I find the lens disappointing - as you indicate - soft - generally when the shooting, (lighting) conditions are average or poor

when the shooting, (lighting) conditions are good it is reasonably good especially for the price,

and you can get the G1, 20mm, 14 - 45 and 45 - 200mm into a small camera bag

Here is another taken on the same day at 200mm, (400mm)

man_boy.jpg

Lovely picture Kathy. Like the nonchalant stare and the classic 3d look that M9 gives. I nearly always prefer it when the subject is off at an angle like that. Nice timing too with her leg positioned in a way that accentuates her curves. It was lucky she didn't have those sunglasses on.

45mm 200mm
there is a thread on M43 with lots of images and discussion
on occasions I find the lens disappointing - as you indicate - soft - generally when the shooting, (lighting) conditions are average or poor

when the shooting, (lighting) conditions are good it is reasonably good especially for the price,

and you can get the G1, 20mm, 14 - 45 and 45 - 200mm into a small camera bag

[/IMG]

Thanks for the heads up Bill. I think I'm still leaning towards the Panasonic 100-300mm zoom instead. If I could get the 45-200mm 2nd hand cheap I'd settle for that but ebay prices are barely less than the lens new at the moment.

Back