Nature Show "Winter"

Really nice shots in this thread! You all almost make me want the snows to come. We did have a snow flurry squall for about 45 minutes this morning.;)

Keep up the great work!

Here is a winter one from me, taken at the harbor in our town.

5235831518_a9813ed17b_b.jpg

LX5

A glorious set, Mal! I do absolutely love this bovine nose!.:2thumbs: You have done yourself proud with those photos - very impressive. Please post some more around the forum because they're stellar!

Antonio, thanks for rubbing it in!:crying: However, in all seriousness - I love this image with that pigeon zooming across!!! Is this one of the three wise men AKA three kings?

JohnE - wonderful subtitle to yours.:D I like the way that photo shrieks very much - it's also a great reminder to get some good cold weather gear for those of us who do not live in the southern climes...and get out and take pictures!

We have had one of the worst winters that i can remember and it's only December!!!!! More snow has fallen here than ever in memory. That's what happens when you live on a hill!

My wife had a message from someone in Glasgow to the effect that the snow was between 3 and 4 feet deep. I think they had -15°C overnight. Still relatively mild here (~0°C) but after two days of bucketing rain the snow is just beginning again. Oh jolly.

Really nice shots in this thread! You all almost make me want the snows to come. We did have a snow flurry squall for about 45 minutes this morning.;)

Keep up the great work!

Here is a winter one from me, taken at the harbor in our town.

5235831518_a9813ed17b_b.jpg

LX5

Good'un. I like the way folk in here don't shrink from post-processing - for me it's half the process.

Ha ha, A.J., rubbing it in. I too am from Hawaii living in Arizona... Go figure.
Although we did hit 35 degrees last night . Best to all in the new year.
Pete

Took the dog out to our favorite ag preserve for a long walk yesterday. I shoot this all times of year, so winter ought not be an exception. Took the LX-5 along. Only small remnants of snow left (although we got another couple of inches today), but the raw landscape and bare trees hopefully communicates winter. And the last one from the famous holiday display at Longwood Gardens from Wednesday evening - it comes down this weekend so I wanted to get a look at it while it was still installed. Got a tripod for the holidays and figured I'd take it out and try it out - the last one is with the ep2 at 14mm on the 14-150 with a 3.2 second exposure. Never spent much time with a tripod before. Probably won't spend much time with it going forward either, but its kind of ful to pull out for stuff like this.

-Ray

View attachment 31824

View attachment 31825

View attachment 31826

Will, that spider web is amazing!

One of the things I like the best about this thread, besides the beauty of the pictures, is that everyone is bringing out such different views of winter. For many of us, we've got several more months to go, too.

Back