Nature Show "Winter"

3192736098_1c052faa24_z.jpg

Ray, you already know how much I love this. A great view - winter from the inside looking out and thinking about what summertime offers. I like the dark around the sides...as it adds to that feeling I get of feeling closed in during the kind of cold day pictured here.

The Pentagon 9-11 Memorial in Winter

Just a little bit of snow remains on the ground among the cantilevered benches and lighted pools of water that commemorate the 184 victims who lost there lives in the terrorist attack at the Pentagon on 9-11-01. Elegant and simple, each bench has the name of a victim engraved on the end. If visitors are facing the Pentagon and can read the name, they know the victim was on the ground at the Pentagon. If a name is visible and the Pentagon is behind the visitor, the victim was one of the passengers on the hijacked American Airlines Flight #77.

NEX5 & 18-55.
The_Pentagon_9-11_Memorial_in_Winter.jpg

The_Pentagon_9-11_Memorial_in_Winter_1_.jpg

Yes, thank you John. I haven't been to this memorial, yet. I really appreciate your photographs and your written description. Very moving, and I can only imagine the impact if one is standing there.

We don't get any snow here in the plains of north India but the Himalayas are not too far so we do get our fair share of chilly winds and min. temperature can drop to as low as 2 degrees celsius anytime between Dec and Feb. Our homes are neither heated nor insulated and build to endure our extreme summer weather, so you can imagine how cold we feel in the winters! Sunlight is the saving grace for us and here is an old photograph celebrating winter morning sunlight, taken in January 2008 at Deer Park, New Delhi, with a Canon G9:

View attachment 32460

We don't get any snow here in the plains of north India but the Himalayas are not too far so we do get our fair share of chilly winds and min. temperature can drop to as low as 2 degrees celsius anytime between Dec and Feb. Our homes are neither heated nor insulated and build to endure our extreme summer weather, so you can imagine how cold we feel in the winters! Sunlight is the saving grace for us and here is an old photograph celebrating winter morning sunlight, taken in January 2008 at Deer Park, New Delhi, with a Canon G9:

View attachment 32471

The great thing about forms such as these is that we are exposed to places all over the world. Thanks for sharing.

I agree with you so much, Dave! I know I will never have the chance to travel to so many of the places that the members here share with us.

Mayank, thanks so much for that lovely dappled morning light, as well as for explaining what winter is like where you live.

Back