Leica Titanium M9 Leica on sale in Australia

Boyzo

Veteran
Only 5 available with M35/1.4 also Titanium ... (All sold already) $33,999 AU)
Superb material Titanium Strong as steel light as Aluminum the body and parts would be machined from a solid billet because you can't Injection cast it, its also difficult to machine but the feel of titanium is amazing and never corrodes.

What a pity the Sensor and display is not upgradeable normally.
It would be a camera for life then if you could upgrade the sensor and display and the lens would last forever never need replacing.

under Aus$34 that's not bad including the lens

- I'll take a couple and I'm sure "our guys" deserve one each after Adelaide, (but as we all know with you lot - anything can happen - early days and I'm not counting any chickens)

Cheers

What about Gold Rolex for the same price ;)

I got one of those the last time I was in New York, some years ago, from a guy in the street, it was about half the price - It's a bit big and lights up in the dark, but that's fine as the guy said that it is a "limited edition" model - should be worth a "few bob" in a few years time

My Titan M9 arrived two days ago and I have already taken some pics with it. I plan to do some photo essays and documentary work with it. Will also try some street photography. (Must cover up those loud red dots)

Will post a self portrait when I work out the best site to upload pics to. Any suggestions guys.

Have also written an 850 word review. Is that too long to post here?
btw to modify perceptions. I'm neither a celeb nor rich (though comfortably off). I drive a 12-year old Subaru, use public transport in preference to driving. I drink $20 wines, not $50 ones. I just like Leicas and am happy to pay a little more for the best.

Cheers from TiM9 which is my brand new moniker:)

I'm neither a celeb nor rich (though comfortably off). I drive a 12-year old Subaru, use public transport in preference to driving. I drink $20 wines, not $50 ones. I just like Leicas and am happy to pay a little more for the best.

You sound like an interesting character though, sounds like there's a good documentary piece on you yourself! Glad to hear that the Titanium M9 has gone to a genuine enthusiast who is going to put it to good genuine use, as opposed to it being just a trophy piece.

When you say documentary work, what sort of work do you envision doing?

The impression I get is that Flikr is the most popular site amongst photographers (amateur or otherwise) to load your photos.

TraamisVOS,
If you don't mind my asking, where did you purchase your M8.2? And were you pleased dealing with the seller? If you don't care to respond I understand.

Thanks,

Hi Brianive, I purchased it on eBay, sort of jumped on it when I saw the description a few days ago (ie. second hand but hardly used and kept in pristine condition, still under warranty, price comparison with other 2nd hand M8.2 etc). I have subsequently communicated with the seller on email a few times as to payment details (whether by PayPal or electronic bank transfer) and the funds are on its way to his bank account as we speak. So I haven't received the camera yet. I like the seller, we've exchanged telephone numbers but most of our communications have been on email. He's very communicative, easy going manner, I have had no complaints about the transaction so far. Just waiting now for the funds to transfer and he'll send the camera out with insurance.

Were you asking because of potential uncertainty with regard to purchasing from eBay?

Brianive, eBay's something of a dice toss when it comes to used digital Leicas, but good deals can be had.

On the regular M8s, I did a search of completed auctions on eBay and found (in early November:

Min: $1870
Max: $3042
Mean: $2419

Just did another search and the numbers are pretty similar with a higher mean right before Christmas.

Exactly my concern. No experience with eBay, just questionable stories.
Glad you are having a positive experience.

Thanks.

Ah, well I've been eBaying mostly as a buyer since 2002 and I've never had any real issues. A vast majority of my experience has been positive, with the exception of maybe two out of maybe 150+ transactions I have had over the years. One was a dodgy seller who didn't or couldn't send the product I bought for whatever reason, I got a full refund after PayPal got on to it. Another was a dodgy seller who charged a lot more on postage than it actually cost. I got a full refund on the postage on that one too.

There are mechanisms to help you make your best informed choice when choosing to deal with another eBayer such as feedback scores predominantly, and if there were any issues with any particular transaction PayPal can help if there are disputes between the seller and buyer.

In summary my personal opinion about eBay - great place to find a really good deal, I've had far more positive experiences than negative ones, the negative ones were able to be resolved with full refunds.

Of course, in all of the eight years I've been buying things on eBay, this M8.2 purchase has been my biggest so far. I am feeling pretty good after having had chat with the seller so I don't expect that anything will go wrong.

My Titan M9 arrived two days ago and I have already taken some pics with it. I plan to do some photo essays and documentary work with it. Will also try some street photography. (Must cover up those loud red dots)

Will post a self portrait when I work out the best site to upload pics to. Any suggestions guys.

Have also written an 850 word review. Is that too long to post here?
btw to modify perceptions. I'm neither a celeb nor rich (though comfortably off). I drive a 12-year old Subaru, use public transport in preference to driving. I drink $20 wines, not $50 ones. I just like Leicas and am happy to pay a little more for the best.

Cheers from TiM9 which is my brand new moniker:)

TiM9, first of all welcome...then congratulations! It would be great to have you stop by and give us an informal introduction in the Welcomes and Introductions forum first but then, by all means post your review of this Titanium beauty!

One of my local Leica dealers got a titanium M9 set for one of his clients. The box is twice the size of a normal M9 box, about the same size as two of them put end to end. For those of you who don't know how big the average M box is, it's like a midsize shoebox. The M9ti box is massive by comparison. I love my M9, but I can't imagine spending that sort of money to buy a M9ti, even though the top plate and baseplate have been milled out of solid titanium.

Back