Weekend in Rome

Alf

Top Veteran
There we are - the first serious warm day in ages: Saturday in Rome!
So we jumped on our train and headed south after a short walk in Florence.

All the pics are jpeg as produced by my E-PL1, only resized for uploading via flickrstackr for iPad (shot jpeg+raw just in case I want to play with them)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfrjw/sets/72157625972399671/

Attachments

• image-3144455080.png
    image-3144455080.png
    985.3 KB · Views: 161
  • image-98078057.png
    image-98078057.png
    956.2 KB · Views: 156
  • image-3845967797.png
    image-3845967797.png
    841.3 KB · Views: 149
Glorious color, weather and sunshine - very nice work Alf! Honestly, I am quite jealous.;)

There's something about that PEN blue....ahhhh....

I shouldn't ask here but how do you like using your iPad? I think eventually I will get one. My rationalization is that it will help my carpal tunnel syndrome.:D

I shouldn't ask here but how do you like using your iPad? I think eventually I will get one. My rationalization is that it will help my carpal tunnel syndrome.:D

I think I have two answers:
Touchpads have been useful to me in the last few years to reduce stress, I stopped using mouse at work and use an ancient GlidePoint from the 90s. I recommend them.

About the iPad, I like it a lot for all activities related to information consumption - and the color rendering is great. Image editing is a little more complicated, as I was used to RAW post processing and I am still exploring if out of camera Jpegs with minimal retouching are my way. Sure it is much more immediate.

Hope this helps

Thank you, Alf. Fortunately, I haven't had to use a mouse in years. I use a MacBook Pro... My issue is that I normally use it at a countertop that is not at an ideal level for where it brings my arms/elbows, etc... I need a higher stool... I do happened to be married to a carpenter.;) When I work on my photos, my laptop is attached to an external hard drive...which makes location a little more complicated. Right now I have just unplugged it (the external drive) and have my laptop on my lap and it is much more ergonomic, that's for sure.

Once you get farther along in your iPad evaluation for photos, please add to that thread you started https://www.photographerslounge.org/f13/ipad-workflow-ipad-vs-lightroom-sofa-vs-desk-1190/ over in the Image Processing forum because I know that can't be the only person here who is interested.

Now back to Rome!(y)

Back