5GB storage free (Livekive-AVG)

Thanks for the info Herman. I've often thought if I took up all the free limited storage offers together it might be as much as I need. The problem of course is knowing which companies are going to last and which are going to disappear. AVG should be a safe bet.

Your post got me looking again at free storage options. I've been waiting for too long for the rumoured G-Drive and I'm not much interested in hacking G-Mail to access the storage there.

Somewhere along the way I came across Microsoft's Skydrive. I'm not sure how I missed this before but it comes with 25GB of free storage with the option to buy more if that runs out. It also has an option allowing you to display uploaded image files on the web.

I signed up yesterday and am slowly transferring lots of RAW files. I reckon with 25GB I should get between 2200-2300 RAW files from my A200 on there.

All you need is a Windows Live/Hotmail ID. I usually stik with Google but on this occasion MS are way ahead.

I have a lot of docs and images on Skydrive. 25Gb storage for free is pretty nice. 50Mb max per upload. There are a few programs that let you mount it to like a hard drive. Also you can share images from there and also let people download on a per person or anyone basis.

Back