1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Leica Place and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.leicaplace.com/help/terms

COMPLETED 1936 Leica III with 2 lenses

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by MiguelATF, Mar 4, 2015.

1. MiguelATF

MiguelATF New to Leica Place

0   0   0

Mar 4, 2015
    Somewhere in the wilds of Southern Oregon
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    I've decided after some thinking that my analog/film shooting days are long past - and it's time to part with a camera which I inherited that's been in my family for decades. The camera is a 1936 Leica III - aka Leica Model F - a relatively rare black metal body model - and it comes with 2 lenses, a classic collapsible Elmar 50 cm, and a 35mm Canon. It was originally bought by my father, in the early 1950's; it's been used by both him, myself and my two brothers, who are also photographers. Though it may seem overly obvious, this Leica a wonderful piece of photographic history - as well as a still functional camera. It was recently 'tuned up' by a fine German Leica technician down in the Bay Area who did all the classic CLA functions, and also rebuilt a partially deteriorating (cloth) shutter.

Though this camera looks beautiful sitting on my shelf, I want it to be used.

My asking price for the entire package - camera, lenses, viewfinder, case/s - is $950. Or best offer. I know what the camera/lenses are worth. But I also want to make them 'affordable' - and 'buyable' - for a fellow photographer.

1936LeicaIII.

I can provide more detailed information and photographs for anyone seriously interested. But the bottom line is: though not in showroom-perfect pristine/collector condition, this is an old but working Leica in very good condition (for photographers) that's taken a lot of wonderful exposures in its lifetime...and I hope it will take more..

Leica#1.

The front of the camera -

Leica#3.

Seen from the top (note the serial number) -

Leica#4.

The back -

Leica#5.

The bottom -

Leica#6.

The film advance knob -

Leica#8.

The rewind knob -

Leica#9.

The camera with the Elmar lens extended -

Leica#12.

And finally the Canon 35mm lens -

Leica#14.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  2. MiguelATF

0   0   0

Mar 4, 2015
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    And a few more photos -

A closer view of the camera in its case -

Leica#17.

The case closed -

Leica#19.

The Canon 35mm lens in its individual carrying case, and the viewfinder that comes with it -

Leica#20.

A view looking down at the bottom of the camera with the bottom removed -

Leica#21.

And finally a closer view looking down at the bottom plate, with its original schematic diagram, and instructions (in German, of course) for film loading -

Leica#23.

3. MiguelATF

0   0   0

Mar 4, 2015
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    A few more detailed images of the 50mm collapsible Elmar lens -

Attached Files:

4. MiguelATF

0   0   0

Mar 4, 2015
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    NOTE: this thread was somehow incorrectly listed (by me) as FT (aka "For Trade") in the Buy & Sell section. It's not FT - it's FS aka "For Sale".
    Will consider any and all offers. My goal is to find a new owner for this camera + lenses who will continue its long (7 + decades) tradition of being used, frequently, by good photographers.

5. MiguelATF

0   0   0

Mar 4, 2015
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Price reduced.