Micro 4/3 Panasonic DMW-LVF1, prices in Europe

gsaronni

Regular
I am looking to add this viewfinder to my LX5, but prices in Europe are crazy IMHO. See Amazon reference:

Panasonic DMW-LVF1E External Live Viewfinder for Lumix: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Amazon.com: Panasonic DMW-LVF1 External Live Viewfinder for Panasonic GF1 Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Camera: Camera & Photo

And B&H:
dmw-lvf1

If some one knows where can I get at a reasonable price please let me know(or someone in the USA can buy it for me). Amazon.com doesnt make international shippings, it is a pitty

Yes, it is crazy. Ive been looking to get one for my LX5 too, cheapest I could find in the UK is £139.95 (£225). View Finders Accessories - Panasonic DMW-LVF1 External Electric View Finder for DMC-GF1 / DMC-LX5

You might already know, but the alternative to finding somebody to buy one and send personally is to open a shipping account with Buy in the USA and UK, ship globally with Borderlinx. You place an order with amazon.com or whoever in the US and ship to your US-based borderlinx address who then ship to you in the UK handling all the duties and taxes and shipping. The borderlinx site has a total cost calculator to let you see how much the taxes, duties and shipping costs are going to be on top of the purchase price before you commit.

For the LVF1, I found that whilst it was cheaper to go with the amazon.com/borderlinx option, it was not by as much as I'd hoped. Still might do it though, rather than line the pockets Panasonic Europe and it's European distribution channel.

Back