A Couple More from Goodwood

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Christilou, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Mr_Flibble

Mr_Flibble Leica Place Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    The Lowlands
    Rick
    The jeep in that photo was with us in France the week before. Recognised the Somme Mud that's still on it.

b83a8d990e76c9642ffff59257a2a0b9.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

I wonder what year this was taken. It looks old, but I didn't expect to see camouflage clothing in that time period.

3. Mr_Flibble

Aug 16, 2013
    The Lowlands
    Rick
    US Army Camouflage HBT (not the USMC) uniforms was issued just prior to the start of the Normandy Breakout (Operation Cobra, 25-26 July 1944) to some units within the 2nd US Armored and 30th Infantry Division. It was as part of a one-time test ordered by the Corps of Engineers. They disappear from photographic evidence in early September 1944, likely when fresh uniforms were issued to those units.

This particular photo was taken by me during a re-enactment trip earlier this month. We were retracing the route some parts of the 2nd Armored Division took through the Somme area 70 years ago. Check the Jeep's hood numbers; they're the same ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christilou

Christilou Leica Place Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Busy little Jeep ;)

5. Mr_Flibble

Aug 16, 2013
    The Lowlands
    Rick
    Anyway, nice photos Christina,
    Still like the R.E.8 one too.

I'm taking my Leica M3 with one of Bryan's Sonnars stuck to it to the beach this weekend. Taking some more Family photos.