C-Typ-112 Historic Church

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by dalethorn, Oct 16, 2013.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

f5.6, 1/320, ISO 80 - I've shown this to a few people on the Macbook Pro Retina and have gotten some favorable comments, and even a couple of wows. So in spite of my technical imperfections here, the C Typ 112 magic seems to be working.

Charleston_Downtown09_s.

2. asiafish

asiafish Leica Place All-Pro

Aug 9, 2013
    Bakersfield, CA
    Andrew
    So do you think the C holds up to the D-Lux 6? How about to the X?

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

The lens of the D-Lux6 is better - in fact it's rated the very best lens ever on a small compact camera. But the 'C' does have the 200 mm reach in a body that's half the size of the D-Lux6, so not a fair comparison there. I also think (pixel peeping) that the D-Lux6 images may have a slight advantage in pixel quality, but the 'C' has 12 mp to the D-Lux6's 10 mp, and add to that the 'C' seems more consistent in color reproduction, and so I think the 'C' wins that one overall. The X Vario has the best lens of all, and the X2 a very good lens, but the X2 is fixed at 35 mm so no comparison there. The X Vario has a good zoom range and fantastic lens, but when shooting in very low light indoors handheld (or perhaps braced against a table or chair etc.), my experience says the D-Lux6 takes that prize. So if I were going out to do something serious with just the small cameras, I might take the D-Lux6 and 'C' both (which I actually do BTW), but if I needed top quality large prints, the X series should be visibly better with those big sensors.

• Like Like x 1
  4. asiafish

asiafish Leica Place All-Pro

Aug 9, 2013
    Bakersfield, CA
    Andrew
    Thanks Dale, kind of what I'd guessed, but not owning all of them couldn't be sure.

I just bought an X2 which I am still getting used to, but so far am impressed with. I will probably only bring the X2 (and my iPhone 5) on my trip to Germany next year, and leave the Monochrom and bag of lenses at home. If I do bring the Mono, it will likely only be with a 50mm lens or at most the 50 and 28.

My wife really doesn't want me to make this a photography trip.

• Like Like x 2
  5. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

I can't imagine a trip like that that isn't snap-snap-snap from sunrise to sunset (and then some). But when I carry the MM and Noctilux, it gets heavy if it's an all-day photo adventure. And you can't just set it down - someone I know did that in Atlanta at a convention and 'poof' like magic - it was gone.