Hi from Derby, UK

P.H

Regular
Hi, found this site while looking for LX5 information a few months back and now having had one to play with for a couple of months thought I'd pop back to see if I can actually learn to use it:redface:
My main leisure activity is cycling, as a tourist rather than racer, and it'd be a shame to cycle to so many nice places and not take a few photos.
My digital camera history is Olympus Camidia C-2000Z, Olympus C7000 and now the LX5. The Olys were good cameras but it's only the LX5 that's made me want to do more than point and shoot... which is why I'm here.

P.H., I'm so glad you came back and thank you for introducing yourself here, as well. The LX5 is a great little jewel of a camera, but I am rather prejudiced since I have one myself.

Welcome and please make yourself at home, P.H. Take a look around at the different forums and don't hesitate to start a new thread (topic) or add to an existing one. We're a pretty friendly group and very glad to have you here.:th_salute:

Welcome P.H

we lived in Poles Road, Kirk Langley from from 1978 to 1983 - I worked just down the road in Burton-on-Trent for a printing and Mail Order Company, although most of my time was spend helping to look after their companies in France, Holland, Germany, Italy, Belgium and Austria.

You will enjoy it here_lots of fun

Well, thank you all for such a warm welcome. I'm trying to find my way around, but keep getting led down a different route, there is so much on here. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions, I'm no stranger to the way of forums, though the others are cycling ones. I know how the same question gets asked every week, I'll try and see if the information is already here, I've already found plenty to be getting on with.
I've posted three of my favorite photos in the members gallery, to show I get lucky sometimes...

Hi PH

Post them here ... your photos will get lost into oblivion if you just hide them in the gallery! What kind of bike have you got?

Hi PH

Post them here ... your photos will get lost into oblivion if you just hide them in the gallery! What kind of bike have you got?

It took me a while to work out what you meant... I'll try one...
big_moon.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

How simple is that!!

I've just set up a Flicker account with a few more, including photos of my three bikes.
Flickr: P.H.bike's Photostream

Wow! Wonderful and thanks so much for your Flickr link, too!

When you wrote "bike", I just naturally assumed....;)

P.H., you're definitely doing more than getting "lucky".

Please take a look at the various image threads in the Photography forum: Cameraderie where you'll see different subjects that you may want to add, too, etc. Within the different camera forums we also have some camera specific image threads, as well.

So glad you're finding your way around in here!

P.S. If you'd like to, please add your Flickr link to your signature line - via your Profile settings.

Welcome PH and what a stunning photo, well done!

As others have said, there are plenty of LX5 users here like myself and BB. If you have any questions just start up a thread and we'll all do our best to help. We may also have a few useful tricks depending on the photography you're interested in.

Hello again

Hi again. I've been away so long I thought a re introduction was in order.
I think I may have lost the plot a bit about a year and a half ago. I was so blown away with the upgrade from my other P&S cameras to the LX5 I wanted to take it even further. After owning three cameras over seven yeas, I went through three in under three months:redface: LX5>Samsung NX10>Panny GF3> Panny GX1 which I've now had for a year. I'm getting on great with the GX1 but there are times I think I'd have been better off sticking with the LX. I can't think of a single criteria where the GX isn't vastly superior to the LX, so I can't figure why I ended up keeping more photos in the year I had the LX than I have in the last year with the GX. It may be mental, in that I just have higher expectations with the better camera, or it may just be that I understood the LX's abilities and limitations better... time will tell.
Oh dear, I only meant to say hi again and thanks to those who've been thanking my posts in my absence. .

Back