1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Leica Place and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.leicaplace.com/help/terms

Cheap Leicaflex SL2

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by defektive, Apr 3, 2013.

1. defektive

defektive Leica Place Regular

0   0   0

Mar 30, 2013
    Black Leicaflex SL2 AU$245

WARNING: THIS CAMERA HAS A FAULTY METER BATTERY CONTACT

Now that you have read the disclaimer above I can give a rundown of the camera.

I bought it recently and accidentally broke the small metal battery contact off when fitting the battery for exposure metering. This happened before I took any shots so I have not tested the meter for other issues although the previous owner said it was working accurately. I have run a roll through the camera and it functions perfectly, just doesn't give you a meter reading. The viewfinder is bright and clear except for some dust spots. Someone has done a DIY repaint at some stage which doesn't look the best when the light hits it.

I am very disappointed as I was really looking forward to keeping this for a while but I want a built in meter. It would be perfect for someone who wants a solid SL2 for use (not collection) but can work without a light meter.

Please PM me if you are interested and I can give you some photos and feedback to check