1. Dear Guest,

Due to the expense and work involved in keeping several small websites updated, I will soon be merging FujiXspot.com, SeriousCompacts.com, LeicaPlace.com, and ForeverFilm.org. The final site name and destination are yet to be determined. I'm hopeful that the new site will be better for everyone involved than the sum of its parts. Please let me know in the forum or by private conversation if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions.

All best,

Forest and Swamp with the Leica Q

Discussion in 'Leica Forum' started by dalethorn, Jun 24, 2015.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

Two more from the Leica Q - the first a landscape shot with auto white balance, but the green way overwhelmed the JPEG image (corrected here). The second is an example of a very annoying property of this camera - on auto aperture the camera will typically select f1.7 with a shutter speed up to 1/1000 or nearly that, so now I have to select the aperture manually to prevent the extensive out of focus areas. I shoot the "1 point" autofocus mode, which is center in the second image here, and this was the best image of a 9-shot burst. Hopefully a firmware update will enable a reasonable aperture selection for Automatic mode.

Leica Q, f5.6, 1/320 handheld, ISO 200.

Leica Q, f1.7, 1/640 handheld, ISO 200.
    • Like Like x 4

VINCETAN Leica Place Top Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Looks like you are really enjoying the Q Dale. Did you ever use the X 113?
  3. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

No, never did, I'd sure like to try it, just because of the longer lens compared to the Q. But, I'm using a $13 Case Logic case for the Q since I can't find a suitable compact case for it, and Leica doesn't make a compact case for the X like they did for the X1. So another compact camera will have to wait. I've had 3 messages from Luigi so far about a custom case, and each time they reply they change what they said before, so I don't think they're going to make one.