Forest and Swamp with the Leica Q

Discussion in 'Nature' started by dalethorn, Jun 24, 2015.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

Two more from the Leica Q - the first a landscape shot with auto white balance, but the green way overwhelmed the JPEG image (corrected here). The second is an example of a very annoying property of this camera - on auto aperture the camera will typically select f1.7 with a shutter speed up to 1/1000 or nearly that, so now I have to select the aperture manually to prevent the extensive out of focus areas. I shoot the "1 point" autofocus mode, which is center in the second image here, and this was the best image of a 9-shot burst. Hopefully a firmware update will enable a reasonable aperture selection for Automatic mode.

Leica Q, f5.6, 1/320 handheld, ISO 200.
    Charlestowne04_s.

Leica Q, f1.7, 1/640 handheld, ISO 200.
    Charlestowne03_s.

• Like Like x 4
  2. VINCETAN

VINCETAN Leica Place Top Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Looks like you are really enjoying the Q Dale. Did you ever use the X 113?

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

No, never did, I'd sure like to try it, just because of the longer lens compared to the Q. But, I'm using a $13 Case Logic case for the Q since I can't find a suitable compact case for it, and Leica doesn't make a compact case for the X like they did for the X1. So another compact camera will have to wait. I've had 3 messages from Luigi so far about a custom case, and each time they reply they change what they said before, so I don't think they're going to make one.