1. Dear Guest,

Due to the expense and work involved in keeping several small websites updated, I will soon be merging FujiXspot.com, SeriousCompacts.com, LeicaPlace.com, and ForeverFilm.org. The final site name and destination are yet to be determined. I'm hopeful that the new site will be better for everyone involved than the sum of its parts. Please let me know in the forum or by private conversation if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions.

All best,

I got back my Leica M9 from Leica Camera INC!

Discussion in 'Leica Forum' started by raid, Aug 7, 2014.

1. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    I got today my M9 back! The camera really looks like a new camera now. It seems to function well now. I will use it tomorrow for a test ride.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. russelljtdyer

russelljtdyer Leica Place Regular

Aug 2, 2013
    Milan, Italy
    Russell J.T. Dyer
    Like New

Congratulations, raid. I know how you feel.

I sent Leica in Solms, Germany two of my lenses last summer. I tried to avoid it, and thought that the cost was too much. But the result was surprising. I needed new flanges and got ones with six-bit coding. They also took apart the lenses and cleaned the elements, removing spots from inside. They recalibrated each lens and even added a new red dot on the side where one was missing. They were, as you said, like new lenses. I'm pleased that I sent the lenses to them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    When an item is expensive as a new item, then even after getting used, the repair cost will stay very high. I sold my old Mercedes roadster because I was unable to maintain it. It needed very costly repair, even though I bought it as used for a very low price. Same with a Leica item.