Apple Apple announces Aperture 3 and iPhoto 09 RAW Compatibility 3.3 Updates!

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Just received this email:
Apple has released Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 3.3, which “extends raw image format compatibility to Aperture 3 and iPhoto ‘09.”

Newly supported cameras are
Canon PowerShot SX1 IS
Olympus E-PL1
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10
Samsung NX10
Sony Alpha DSLR-A390
Sony Alpha NEX-3
Sony Alpha NEX-5

The update is available via Software Update and also directly from Apple here.

As an Aperture 3 user, I'm thrilled, to say the least.:D

I'm wondering if anyone else here uses Aperture or not? Unfortunately, ever since this recent Camera RAW update, there have been quite a few problems. Very frustrating. Intermittent issues with RAW suddenly changing to a terrible swimming pool green... I won't be labor it here unless I know someone else uses Aperture 3. I need to figure out how to undo the latest update.

I had a similar problem with Capture One Pro 5. That was the reason for me changing to Aperture 3.
Capture One were unable to simulate this problem with sample files sent to them.
Hope I don't have the same problem with Aperture!

Good morning, redcap and welcome to Serious Compacts! The problems that I've been having while not uncommon, apparently are not happening for everyone. I'm not a computer person, but I have someone trying to get to the reasons behind these things... We'll see. Meanwhile enjoy your Aperture and I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your photographs here soon!

Hi BB, thank you for your greetings.
My name is Geoff and I am retired, living in Thailand.
I have been a Leica fan for many years now and am fortunate enough to own a Leica M9 and a Leica MP.
I stumbled upon your group via Steve Huff with his reference to the Peter Turnley article about Voja Mitrovic. A very well written article. This then brought me to the Serious Compacts site which impressed me with the professional approach you have.
I will look for some suitable pics within the coming days to post.

Back