Jovial Gents..... Goodwood Racecourse UK

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Christilou, May 23, 2014.

1. Christilou

Christilou Leica Place Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  2. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    Excellent separation of subject to background/foreground. Wide open or necessary to stop down a bit?

The pink-pinstriped gent is perfectly comfortable in togs I'd be self-conscious in. Good on him. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Christilou

Apr 5, 2013
    You should go to Henley Festival to see similarly clad gents wearing brightly striped blazers and boater hats :) When the sun shines, we go all out!

I used about f8 for the racetrack/brolly picture but I think either 2.8 or 4 for the groups.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VINCETAN

VINCETAN Leica Place Top Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Great portrait Christina. It is my dream to one day be able to attend one of the race there. Very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Christilou

Apr 5, 2013
    Henley Festival is a Summer event that takes place by the river over the course of about 5 days I think. There's an open air stage set up on the river side and lots of smaller tents where various little comedy shows and music are put on as well as some great art exhibitions. It begins in the early evening and evening dress is worn. People who are not eating in the restaurants bring a picnic to eat in the car park (it's grass) and the main event takes place after dinner on the open air stage in the twilight with a flotilla of little boats wafting up and down behind the stage . I've seen some beautiful opera here that reduced me to tears. It's something you should go to if you can:). Being England, the weather is always "iffy" and there have been some terribly wet events but you'll probably see ladies dressed to the nines.... Wearing their Wellington boots :). Henley Regatta is also very colourful and stripes and boaters the order of the day. This is also a lovely event and the day is spent watching the rowing races . I love the elegant slipper boats that also come out to play:). We don't have the climate for the best events but when July comes, rain or shine, we come out to play.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Christilou

Apr 5, 2013