Jupiter 8 Question

Discussion in 'Leica M and LTM Lenses' started by Rick Waldroup, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup Leica Place Rookie

Jul 25, 2013
    Texas
    A friend of mine is going to send me a Jupiter 8 50mm f/2 lens. What adapter do I need to get this lens to focus properly on my Epson RD-1? Are adapters made for this where the lens will couple with the rangefinder in my camera? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

2. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Two versions of Jupiter-8 were made, one in screw mount and the other on Contax/Kiev mount.

Assuming this is the one in screw-mount, it will need a LTM to M-Mount adapter, one designed to bring up the 50/75 framelines. The best ones are the Voigtlander/Cosina adapters. Others are much cheaper off of Ebay, but lenses do not always line up as well- a hit and miss prospect.

http://cameraquest.com/adaptltm.htm

3. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup Leica Place Rookie

Jul 25, 2013
    Texas
    Thank you very much, Brian, for the info. Yes, it is the screw mount and I had been looking at the Voigtlnader adapters but was not sure which one I needed. I am not familiar with screw mount lenses at all. My only experience with rangefinder lenses has been with the M mount.

My friend is getting rid of his rangefinder gear and knew that I had gone back to shooting them and he offered to give me the lens for free. He said it is in good shape and he mailed it yesterday.