Canon Some HDR Railroad Images...

Otto

Regular
Here is one I liked from my Canon G10. I call it "Night Train". It's a series of 3 bracketed shots processed in LR2.7, Photomatix Pro 4.0, and Topaz Adjust, if I remember correctly. There may have been some Nik Silver eFex Pro in there as well. I should make notes when I'm processing, but I get so involved that I forget to write down my steps.

CRRM_1-Edit-Edit_bw_a_800.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And another I call "Springs 'n Things".

SpringsNthings_a_800.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking,
Otto...

Love that first one, very atmospheric..
I know alot of people complain about HDR, but if the finished effect creates a good photo, then I think it is a great technique

Otto, thanks so much for bringing these over here and I'm keeping my eyes peeled for that windmill picture, too!

When you have the time, please stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum so we can have an unofficial meet and greet.;)

P.S. I'll also add that I'm with Martin. The ends justifies the means with regard to each person's methods. I really think post processing is the continuation of a very personal art form - photography.

Question -- is the first shot with some kind of fisheye? The top of the train seems to distort more than a standard, wide-angle lens. Just wondering.

Thanks everybody for the positive comments. From the first time I saw an HDR photo, I was hooked.

Question -- is the first shot with some kind of fisheye? The top of the train seems to distort more than a standard, wide-angle lens. Just wondering.

Just shot with the stock G10 lens. Could have been my position as I was fairly close. According to the exif data, the focal length was 6.1mm, but I don't know what the equates to in 35mm terms.

Thanks again,
Otto...

Thanks. Sorry. I missed that it was shot with the Canon G10. That's pretty standard for the Canon G series.

Again, great shot!

Back