Showcase KMZ 50/2 Jupiter-8 in LTM: "Best of the Bottom"

Discussion in 'Leica M and LTM Mount Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Brian, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    The Jupiter-8 is a Sonnar formula lens, based on the pre-war Zeiss Sonnar. I've used Jupiter-8 lenses made as early as 1952 and as late as the late 1980s. They have all been good. as with the other Russian lenses- they are made to the Zeiss standard, and benefit from being shimmed for best focus on the Leica.

These are with a 1964 lens, in a focus helical modified for close-focus to 0.7m.

Attached Files:

2. Brian

Apr 3, 2013
    These are with an early 1952 lens. 100% crops, then full frame. The filenames give the F-Stop.

Attached Files:

3. Greyelm

Greyelm Leica Place Rookie

Mar 31, 2013
    S.London
    Malcolm
    I agree Brian, the Jupiter-8 provides great bang for the bucks. Here's one from a Silver J-8 on a GF1.

GF1J-8SBWhill.

4. CaptZoom

CaptZoom Leica Place Regular

Apr 11, 2013
    I have a J8 and a J3 leftover from my FED3. I've used them both on the M9, and both yield images singular to each lens though neither one focuses correctly. One of these days, I'll make the time to shim and adjust each. The J3 is really low contrast, which can come in really handy in high contrast situations.

5. Brian

Apr 3, 2013
  6. CaptZoom

CaptZoom Leica Place Regular

Apr 11, 2013
    Thanks for the link.