Showcase Leica 35mm f/2.0 Summicron version 4

Discussion in 'Leica M and LTM Mount Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Armanius, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Armanius

Armanius Leica Place Regular

Mar 30, 2013
    Texas
    Mutley
    M9 + version 4, the so called "Bokeh King".

5237609392_5f03e41d9e_b.

2. brusby

brusby Leica Place Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 1, 2014

Testing Sony A7II and Leica 35mm Summicron v4. This is a hand held shot at f4, taken while walking to a local coffee shop. For the lovely blend of compactness and speed I find I'm grabbing the 35mm Summicron v4 most often. It's tiny and still useably sharp wide open.

Here in New Orleans there are almost no straight lines and nothing much is square. If you look closely you can probably see signs of where I removed some ugly power lines.

16718506606_c0f4368ce4_b. _DSC0284-538-1 by brusbybrusby, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mijo

Mijo Leica Place Veteran

Apr 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    I've been eyeing this lens for a while, and almost purchased it a few times when I see it and it's coded. It's hard for me to justify the purchase when I already have the 35mm lux FLE, but the images above are like kryptonite.

4. brusby

brusby Leica Place Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Mijo, I had the same dilemma 'cause I've got the 35mm lux FLE too, but for compactness and portability I can't think of another Leica lens that's better than this lens except maybe the 35mm lux pre-asph. But the pre-asph lux is a little soft until it's stopped down a bit; great for portraits but not optimum for architectural stuff wide open.

• Useful Useful x 1