Leica C-112 Sparrow in Tree

Discussion in 'Nature' started by dalethorn, Mar 19, 2014.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

This little bird didn't scamper off quickly as most do when they're approached, so I managed to get within 12-15 feet and get off a few shots. The noise is already apparent in this crop of the original, taken at ISO 80. Noise was mostly due to conditions - bad weather - heavy overcast and flat lighting. Thanks to burst mode for getting a fairly sharp one.

f5.9, 1/15 sec. handheld, ISO 80.

Sparrow50_s.

• Like Like x 4
  2. russelljtdyer

russelljtdyer Leica Place Regular

Aug 2, 2013
    Milan, Italy
    Russell J.T. Dyer
    Very nice clarity. This camera does much better than I thought it would. Thanks for posting this photo.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    That is sharp- could you post a scaled-version of the full frame? Would like to see the amount of crop that went into this.

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

The original I didn't keep, sorry. I rarely do unless they're contracted. In this case the light was not good, so with the PP I did I was lucky it didn't deteriorate more than what you see here. The bird helped by being one of those rare instances where I got within 15 feet and shot several bursts, and didn't fly away until I had quite a few shots. The actual crop was about 50 percent width and height.

• Like Like x 1