Leica ii f

Discussion in 'LTM Camera Forum' started by Robin, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Robin

Robin Leica Place Regular Subscribing Member

Jun 8, 2015
    R1-%25203. My second Leica, a ii f, seems to have become my 'go-to in the afternoon' camera.Not being a flash user I seem to have little use for the iiif at this time. The ii f RD is to me just a "smoother working camera. That said, the CZJ 50 1.5 is one of my best lenses. Once I learn to post on this forum perhaps a monthly project might be in order. Nothing rigid, something simple like "red doors " or " Birds" or " My favorite face"--- something. Maybe few takes with your own LTM camera and lenses.might be good to view. I hope this thread to be less of a gear and more of "Use of" discussion thread. Happy shooting everyone. Happy Holidays to all this season. We may not all celebrate the same holidays but EVERYBODY likes a happy celebration ! lets share in the fun!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Beautiful picture, The CZJ sonnars end up on my cameras more than any other.

A project is a good idea- a nudge to get some film into the Leica IIIa.

3. Robin

Jun 8, 2015
    I realize most folks here are professional people in one field or another, but a little nudge might help release those daily grind tensions. Loading up an old bottom loading Leica can add much to ones "satisfaction" level after work tensions get their grip. 016-001.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Robin

Jun 8, 2015
    OK- Lofers!!! Time to buckledown !! Head in to your camera room and dust off that old LTM Leica. Take off that digi adapter on that favorite lens, load up a roll, another for the bag and go shoot some November fun! That's right, from now on Go Have Fun. Then post. .. ... This means you

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr_Flibble

Mr_Flibble Leica Place Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    The Lowlands
    Rick
    Unfortunately I did not get a chance to finish the roll in my Leica IIf this weekend. Life got in the way. I'm mainly just shooting it to test the camera after the restoration. It's got about 10 shots left on the roll of Fomapan 100.
    And there's the issue that it doesn't have the slow speed gear for 1/25th that should normally be in there.

6. Robin

Jun 8, 2015
    Hello Rick, Hope you got your camera sorted out. Your "latest activity: no inspiration" is a common occurrence in my world lately. The worst is when I grad my bag, head out, arrive back home put the bag down and realize I didn't take one shot. Think I'll just put the cameras in the cabinet and practice my cords. .. ...

7. Mr_Flibble

Mr_Flibble Leica Place Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    The Lowlands
    Rick
    Check out the thread concerning the IIf rebuild. Camera seems to work fine. I've since cleaned out the lens as well, but need to test that some more.

I have loaded a roll of Superpan 200 in a Leica IIIc last weekend, but never got around to going out and shooting with it. Next sunday I'll take it with me to a Dickins Winter Festival. I'm hoping to pick up my 28mm f/6.3 Hektor lens from the post office later today. I'll probably put it on the IIIc and see what it can do :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Robert

Robert New to Leica Place

Jan 2, 2016
    Robert Starbuck
    Had fun recently on an "art" shoot with my "new" Leica If, five lenses, matching VFs, and a RF on top....Weston Master IV meter, B&W film (ASA 100). Printing them with a Valoy will complete the very non-automatic "trip!" (New member here...not certain how to initiate a new post, not a new thread.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Welcome to Leicaplace- When you open up a forum, there is a RED "post new thread" tab.

10. andrew toyou

andrew toyou New to Leica Place

Jan 16, 2016
    I've had a couple of IIf bodies over the years and I too found them to be incredibly smooth. Perhaps they haven't been as 'worked' as hard as a RF Leica so the internal workings are closer to 'new'. When I shot with it I got a feel for how a brand new LTM must have felt right out of the box fifty/sixty years before….its something you can't show in pictures or even describe, its just that incredible feeling of ……..wow! :)