1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Leica Place and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.leicaplace.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Leica T typ 701 & 18-56 lens & extra Leica battery and case | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by dalethorn, Nov 23, 2014.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

0   0   0

Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling
    Leica T typ 701 & 18-56 lens & extra Leica battery and case

Prices
    $1550

Ships to
    USA

Description
    Leica T typ 701 with 18-56 Lens with extra Leica battery and grey shoulder case. The video shows the wear points.

http://youtu.be/owQ-vm4xfYY

[video=youtube_share;owQ-vm4xfYY]http://youtu.be/owQ-vm4xfYY[/video]

Payment accepted
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method
    UPS or FedEx ground.

Shipping charge
    $0

Handling time
    One business day.

References
    -

Additional comments
    • Not open to trade offers
    • Will ship only to the address on the PayPal transaction details page
    Acknowledgement
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

0   0   0

Lowered price ($2150 + $50 shipping)

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

0   0   0

Lowering price to $1950 plus $50 shipping.

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

0   0   0

17 Feb 2015: Lowered price to $1550 incl. shipping. Includes camera, lens, case, extra Leica battery. Video is a must watch, although camera is perfect.

5. aaronz28

aaronz28 Leica Place Regular

0   0   0

Dec 17, 2014
    how quick does it AF?

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

0   0   0

Could not get even $1500 for this camera and lens and case and extra Leica battery, in like-new condition, so I gave it to a coffee shop owner who offered me free coffee for a couple of months.

7. VINCETAN

VINCETAN Leica Place Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 19, 2013
    Did you really? i tell you, that was a super tempting price. I almost emailed you last night. I just don't want to start another system, got a m 4/3, a Nikon V1, a Leica M and might be getting a Canon.

8. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

0   0   0

Unfortunately it's true - I gave it to a local photographer who runs a coffee shop in the day and shoots mostly models, with the occasional wedding. I probably could have sold it to him for $700 or so on the expectation that he would turn it around himself for $1500 or so, but based on the (apparently) very poor resale value of the 'T', I wasn't so sure I wanted to get into that. I sold my 2-year old Leica D-Lux6 G-Star Raw for $600 in just one day - that's half of the full price I paid, and yet I couldn't get anywhere near 1/2 for the nearly new 'T'. There were predictions at the outset of the X Vario that it would do poorly and not resell well, but that camera has proven itself very well. I wish that were true of the 'T', but anyway it's out of my hair now.

9. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

0   0   0

BTW, the only real reason I dumped the 'T' (an excellent camera) is because I like to carry my cameras in a minimal case that protects the body and lens both, yet is an easy shoulder carry. The X1 and the Pana-Leicas have those nifty cases like the 18709 and 18727 (18821 for the new D-Lux), and with those I could beat up the case and the camera would stay like new, when I wasn't carrying the camera in my hand. I realize that Leica takes the position that such a case isn't appropriate for a camera with detachable lenses, but I disagree.