Show 'the burbs'.

Took my dog out for a walk after coming home from work, late afternoon. This is not my street but it is my neighbourhood.

5392762624_e456fdf6a4_b_d.jpg

Wonderful! For a second, I almost thought that dog was a horse grazing! Absolutely love the shadow play and the light bursting forth in the corner. Really beautiful, Traam. Very nice highlights on those grates... The whole scene is stunning.

Is this the LX5 or your M8?

Thanks BB!

It was the M8, I've been using the M8 more than the LX5 lately, I want to really get into the rangefinder way of photography. It's funny, now when I take a photo with the LX5 I instinctively put my eye to a non-existent viewfinder and attempt to press my eye on various spots on the back of the LX5 to find it before it I realise what I'm doing.

I have to say, that burst of light in the corner wasn't intended. Remember I had framing issues when I first got the M8, Iwasn't used to framing with the rangefinder framelines? This was one of those photos where I thought I'd placed the sun outside the frame lines but clearly it's popped in. Not that I'm complaining because it's come out nicely but I was trying to protect the lens from the direct sunlight. So that was a fluke. The sensor seems ok so far.....

But a horse!

I don't know - there's something about that little shrub to the left that looks like an animal ready to attack and the five taller ones sort of hesitantly lining up to defend the house (which is behind them, out of the picture). This is all in my head, but its the first reaction I had to it and now its stuck...

-Ray

Ray, I'm laughing but I can see your point of view... If anyone has ever seen any of Maurice Sendak's illustrations, well... I think I can see that just under the surface menace, too...a la "Where The Wild Things Are".;)

I don't know - there's something about that little shrub to the left that looks like an animal ready to attack and the five taller ones sort of hesitantly lining up to defend the house (which is behind them, out of the picture). This is all in my head, but its the first reaction I had to it and now its stuck...

-Ray

haha I see it. You have a vivid imagination! But then again so do I.

My burbs from the back porch.

dammit, snow again!! I want snow!

Back