London Wedding

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Christilou, May 27, 2014.

1. Christilou

Christilou Leica Place Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    I went to a twenties themed wedding at The Dorchester on Sunday. Two hundred people attended the ceremony and the meal afterwards, followed by another influx of people who came for the evening celebrations. We arrived at 3.30 p.m and it finished at 1 a.m I had a tough time with the M, probably due to my ineptitude :( I managed to get a handful of reasonable shots for myself but wedding photographer I am not! There were two photographers and two videographers with search lights attached to their cameras and the light was totally artificial and ever changing due to the stage lights. The Sony RX1 seemed much more able in this situation. When it failed to AF in low light, I was able to manual focus. It also chose surprisingly low iso's and still maintained it's 80s shutter speed whilst the M chose huge iso's and really low shutter speeds, even using the Voigtlander 1.2 wide open. The wb also gave me problems and I was impressed with the RX1 auto wb in this regard.

I'll post one picture but you can see the rest on my flickr page should you wish to!

14281789675_9f29e5b282_b. Dave & Lena's Wedding May 2014 by christilou1, on Flickr

2. rbelyell

rbelyell Leica Place Veteran

May 25, 2014
    its all about the right tool for the job. i recently went to a concert in a 12,000 person arena and chose to take my epl5 though its my least favorite camera. it did what it was supposed to do, which is excel in lowlight telephoto situations, and did it much better than my other more expensive/more fun tools wouldve done. horses for courses.

• Like Like x 1