Minilux E02 Horrors

Discussion in 'Leica Film Compacts' started by KS11, May 15, 2014.

1. KS11

KS11 Leica Place Rookie

Apr 29, 2013
    This is for those who might have had problems with their minilux.

I found a link (korean unfortunately but i could translate for you if you wanted) with indepth pictures on how to fix your E02 ridden Leica Minilux. The 40mm 2.4 lens in the minilux was considered the 'pinnacle' of the double gauss design by a fellow of the name of Erwin Putz. So it is definitely worth it to either (a) attempt the repair yourself with a suitable replacement part or with (b) send it off to have the lens coverted to M mount (which i will do soon).

Here is the link:

http://www.minoltakid.com/12

The culprit is the wear and tear of the ribbon cable for controlling the copal shutter. I have attempted this repair myself by buying a minilux lens assembly off ebay for 25USD(!) and attempting it with my E02 Minilux. Meanwhile, the old lens assembly will be sent to Miyzaki-san via Japan Camera Hunter for conversion into a M mount lens.

2. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Wow! That reminds me of the repair for the meter coupling of the Retina IIIS- done with a nylon cord.

Be sure to post some pictures taken with the camera, and those with the converted Summarit 40/2.4.

3. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    Sounds like a great conversion for a great lens :) Please post results when you can.