Monochrom / Noctilux city scene with fountain

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by dalethorn, Aug 22, 2013.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

This is my very first image from the Monochrom and Noctilux lens. f5.6, 1/125, ISO 1600 (cropped).

image.

2. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    It looks good!

You must be the first Noctilux owner that I've seen that posts the first image with the lens stopped down!

3. asiafish

asiafish Leica Place All-Pro

Aug 9, 2013
    Bakersfield, CA
    Andrew
    The Noctilux has an aperture?

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

Funny thing - the light was dim, late evening, yet walking around and sizing up opportunities, I was surprised - shocked even, by the high shutter values the camera was suggesting. In spite of the low noise at ISO 1600, I'm going to try a few more at ISO 800.

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

Very nice selection of apertures indeed. You can select f0.95 to f16 with detents at 1/2 stops and then let the shutter be determined by the camera, or select it manually. My only difficulty is the focus - I will have to see if I can get one of those enlarged focus screens on the LCD, or prefer to stick with the rangefinder. The Noctilux does crowd the rangefinder somewhat. But just look into the lens sometime as you open the aperture all the way - it's an awesome sight!

6. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Several years ago I posted shots with the Canon 50/0.95 used at F2, F4, and F8: it is a much better lens than people give it credit for. It is a big and heavy lens, uses a 72mm filter.