My new Leica is not a Leica

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by VINCETAN, Feb 19, 2016.

1. VINCETAN

VINCETAN Leica Place Top Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Decided to add a DSLR to my stash here instead of trying to adapt the M to the R lenses that I have. So picked up a Nikon D810 and converted my 50mm Summicron, 60mm Elmarit and 100mm APO Elmarit to the Nikon F mount. So now, I guess I have a Neica?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. PaulJ

PaulJ Leica Place Regular

I used to have a D800 + the "holy trinity" of f2.8 lenses (14-24, 24-70 and 70-200) but traded them, last year, to fund my Leica acquisitions. Nothing against the D800 or Nikon, as I used them for decades, but I made a decision that I didn't want to carry around so much heavy gear and, for what I needed, my Fuji X-Pro1 was sufficient.

I'm sure you'll adore the D810. I have several friends who use them and they've proven the D810 capabilities are immense.

• Like Like x 1
  3. VINCETAN

Aug 19, 2013
    Hi Paul

Yes, been there too. I switched out of my Nikon D800e about 3 years ago and decided to just stay with the Leica M since M does have the EVF which allows me to use all sort of SLR lenses. As much as I like the M, I find that there are just instances where I wish I have a DSLR. So last year, I started playing with the Olympus E-M5 mk II. Very nice camera specially with the 40-150 f2.8. Really love that setup but something in still not right for me. Sold that recently and decided to give Nikon a try again. So now, I am back to 2 system, the M 240 and the D810.

Vince

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

Are they easy to reconvert?

5. VINCETAN

Aug 19, 2013
    The 50 cron and the 100mm apo elmarit should be easy. The 60 Elmarit might be a challenge. In fact, while taking the back off, I already managed to damage the shroud (plastic piece). Amazingly, I called Leica NJ and they told me $13 for the piece and they have to order from Germany and will send it to me. Not a bad deal so I bought it just in case. I am liking the result from the 100mm APO however.

Here an indoor shot with the 100mm APO. Focusing is not too bad too.

25062802182_7754b958b7_b. DSC_2361-Edit.jpg by VINCE, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  6. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    They're growing up so fast! The camera does beautifully, I see.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1