My other camera is ..... a Leica

Discussion in 'Leica D-LUX, V-LUX, and Digilux' started by dalethorn, Jul 31, 2013.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

Thinking about the ubiquitous car bumper sticker "My other car is...", it just happens my backup camera is also a Leica (D-Lux6). Prior to acquiring the X Vario, I thought the lens on the D-Lux6 was nearly unbelievable in the quality images it captured. In fact it seems to have one advantage over the 'X' cameras in having the f1.4 lens. Sometimes I remove it from its case just to double-check that lens. So here, if the tags work correctly, are a couple of the best I've gotten ftom the D-Lux6:

Church10.

Charleston_Downtown01.

Flower68.

Flower66.

• Like Like x 3
  2. jporos

jporos Leica Place Rookie

Jul 29, 2013
    Mississippi
    Dale, I can't see your work.

3. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    All is well again! The images are loading here, and on Dale's site. Backups, etc, can slow things down.

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

Now that the images are displaying automatically, I see that the display quality is very good here. I don't know if different forums use software that varies in how they display images, but I'd swear that last flower image looks better here than on my computers.

5. jporos

jporos Leica Place Rookie

Jul 29, 2013
    Mississippi
    Beautiful flower macros, Dale. I really appreciate the lens on my D-LUX 6 as well.

6. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Some forums, such as DPREVIEW, compress the images to make for faster display and to to use less bandwidth. Some compress the image as it is uploaded. I've found on Leicaplace- I can upload an image, then download back: and it is the same as the original.

7. Bruce Gillham

Bruce Gillham New to Leica Place

Nice....I would love to see some portraits in B/W and Colour.

8. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

Here's a D-Lux6 pic from a restaurant/bar. Although it appears that light is coming in from the right, there is very little light actually. I shot this handheld braced against the table, f1.4, 1/4 second, ISO 800, and it was underexposed. For low-light photos the D-Lux6 is a small miracle.

image.

• Like Like x 2