Moon with A33 and 18-250 Tamron

texascbx

Veteran
Name
Ricky
Just making sure I'm ready for Saturday night when the big moon comes up. I ran it through Lightzone. No sharpening, but cropped. I guess the 250mm would be equivalent to a 400mm lens as far as a full frame camera is concerned. We had a lot of clouds last night so I hope it's clear tonight.

DSC07332x.jpg

pencil.png

I set my ISO pretty low to around 200. Set the cam to 2 second delay on shutter with cam on tripod. Then just take pictures while setting the shutter to the right speed to get the moon where it is not just a white circle. I have to set the shutter speed pretty high, higher than you would think. I think this was 1/400. Takes some trial and error. Lots of clouds last night so I could not use the multi-shot HDR as I had to snap the image between clouds.

Nice Tex...now if you could only wait for that shooting star to fly by in the same shot...Is that possible even?
anyhow....great photo and well done

Very nice. For a full moon low iso and fast shutter speed usually work. When I shot the moon on Friday at 1500mm focal length with my ep1 I had to bump the iso because at that focal length earths rotation comes into play.

Nice! What's the proper technique to take photos of the moon? I've taken a couple but never too happy with the results.

The moon is brighter than we expect and needs to be shot in full manual as the camera itself will over-expose badly. My recent shot was ISO 800 to get a fast shutter of 1/1250 at f/8. These values are all interchangeable and a lower ISO will give cleaner images.

This site may be useful.

Back