New Firmware for M series cameras, mostly adding new lenses

Discussion in 'Leica News and Rumors' started by Brian, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AlbertTRAL

AlbertTRAL Leica Place Regular

Yes, some "underexposing" bug corrected when using flash, Thambar 90 and Nocti 75 included and..... a Summilux-M 90/1.5 hidden in the firmware ¡¡!!

And this matches with what Peter Karbe has said, 90/1.5=60mm exactly the same as the Nocti, as Peter Karbe pointed, "diameter of the entrance pupil – in other words the ratio between focal length and aperture – should not exceed 60mm in order to facilitate the operation of the rangefinder".

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian

Apr 3, 2013
    Tempting to upgrade just to use with my 85/1.5...

4. Duane Pandorf

Duane Pandorf Leica Place Regular

Mar 30, 2013
    I haven't been around in a awhile and thanks for the link. I will get my M-E updated.

• Like Like x 2
  5. M. Valdemar

M. Valdemar Leica Place Regular

Aug 5, 2013
    New York City
    I updated my M9. I don't perceive any difference at all from the older version, but why not keep it current? So I did.

6. Brian

Apr 3, 2013
    I still keep my M9 at 1.176- the last version that did not get too paranoid about batteries. I don't have the newer lenses, so did not upgrade.

7. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    I notice my M9 isn't as happy starting up with non-Leica batteries. Was the update after 1.176 partially responsible for that?

8. Brian

Apr 3, 2013
    Yes- the later updates "talk" to the battery to determine remaining charge. Third party batteries often don't speak the language.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. M. Valdemar

M. Valdemar Leica Place Regular

Aug 5, 2013
    New York City
    Has anyone discovered a source of coded third party batteries for the M9?

I've bought many on eBay, included a couple that claimed to be coded, but they were not. I have yet to discover a source.

10. Peter Klein

Peter Klein Leica Place Regular

Dec 31, 2014
    Seattle
    Peter Klein
    Brian: My (M9) Monochrom has version 1.010 firmware. That version was release in April 2016. I believe that's what it came back from NJ with after my sensor replacement. Is that the equivalent of the M9 1.176? I have several third party batteries, and so far, no trouble.

--Peter

11. AlbertTRAL

AlbertTRAL Leica Place Regular

1.010 firmware in your MM was the firmware not available for the public, just installed in factory with the new sensor (new light transmission coefficient and glass data -probably a BG55 from Schott-). The equivalent in the M9 was the 1.204 .

12. Brian

Apr 3, 2013
    My M Monochrom back from NJ with the new sensor has 1.016. I'm fairly certain that the new sensor has BG-55, was part of the ONSEMI part number listed on the site "for a while", since removed. No datasheet available for the KAF-18500, but I downloaded it before being removed.