New Firmware for M series cameras, mostly adding new lenses

Discussion in 'Leica News and Rumors' started by Brian, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AlbertTRAL

AlbertTRAL Leica Place Regular

Yes, some "underexposing" bug corrected when using flash, Thambar 90 and Nocti 75 included and..... a Summilux-M 90/1.5 hidden in the firmware ¡¡!!

And this matches with what Peter Karbe has said, 90/1.5=60mm exactly the same as the Nocti, as Peter Karbe pointed, "diameter of the entrance pupil – in other words the ratio between focal length and aperture – should not exceed 60mm in order to facilitate the operation of the rangefinder".

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian

Apr 3, 2013
    Tempting to upgrade just to use with my 85/1.5...

4. Duane Pandorf

Duane Pandorf Leica Place Regular

Mar 30, 2013
    I haven't been around in a awhile and thanks for the link. I will get my M-E updated.

• Like Like x 2
  5. M. Valdemar

M. Valdemar Leica Place Regular

Aug 5, 2013
    New York City
    I updated my M9. I don't perceive any difference at all from the older version, but why not keep it current? So I did.

6. Brian

Apr 3, 2013
    I still keep my M9 at 1.176- the last version that did not get too paranoid about batteries. I don't have the newer lenses, so did not upgrade.

7. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    I notice my M9 isn't as happy starting up with non-Leica batteries. Was the update after 1.176 partially responsible for that?

8. Brian

Apr 3, 2013
    Yes- the later updates "talk" to the battery to determine remaining charge. Third party batteries often don't speak the language.

• Informative Informative x 1