New images from Leica Q and D-Lux

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by dalethorn, Jun 30, 2015.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

Here is a photo of a store window I shot with the Leica D-Lux - can't say why, just that I liked the subtle fashion look. The next image is the statue of John C. Calhoun, on the street that bears his name, just a short distance from the AME church. Some controversy there... BTW, this image was taken with the Leica Q's 50 mm (7.5 mp) in-camera crop. Last is the newly restored St. Matthew's Lutheran church, where we have sat in on a tea room they put together a couple of times a year.

Leica D-Lux, f5.6, 1/100 handheld, ISO 200.
    Charleston_Downtown28_s.

Leica Q, f5.6, 1/1600, ISO 200.
    Charleston_Downtown29_s.

Leica Q, f5.6, 1/1600, ISO 200.
    Charleston_Church_St_Matthews01_s.

• Like Like x 1
  2. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    The D-Lux for sharpness is great, but not as great as the Q - as we'd expect!

Any leads on that vertical case for the Q?

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

I got a reply from someone named Ginevra who works for one of the Leica custom case people, and she said she would get me an estimate. I can't imagine how much, and that type of case, if I sell the camera the buyer won't "buy" the case, so it's a total loss when the camera is sold.

4. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    You might be surprised. A custom vertical case for the Q would have a lot of guys wanting it. My guess is you could sell separately from the camera without a problem.

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

I feel better already. Maybe it will be less than $500, although that's very optimistic. Leica sells the smaller D-Lux case for $190, but that's a stock item.