New to Leica

Discussion in 'Leica M Camera Forum' started by VinVin, Jan 9, 2016.

1. VinVin

VinVin New to Leica Place

Feb 6, 2015
    Hi everybody,

so... I just ordered an M6 online and I am looking at some lenses... I don't have the kind of cash to pick up actual Leica glass at this point so I figure I'm probably going to look into either voigtlander or Zeiss.

The Voigtlanders I am looking at are the Nokton 35mm f1.2 and the Nokton 50mm f1.1
    Looking at the Zeiss Planar T 50mm f2 in terms of the zeiss.

Anything you guys would recommend for me as I start walking into the Leica scene?

(Also, saving up for an M240... I'm about halfway there)

Thanks everyone!

2. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Welcome to Leicaplace! I see more film users signing up of late- will reinforce my New Year's film resolution!

The Nokton 35/1.2 and 50/1.1 are great lenses, fantastic for low light. They are big and heavy for an RF lens.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Feb 18, 2015
    Hi and welcome! The Zeiss 50/2 is fantastic and quite a bit smaller than the other two you mentioned. I'd also look at the Voigtlander 50/1.5, which is excellent.

4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Leica Place Regular

Jan 17, 2014
    New Mexico, U.S.A.
    Larry
    The older, screw mount Summicron 50 f2, which will work with the M with an adapter, can be gotten pretty reasonably, and I love mine. The front element is soft on most of them, so it is often scratched or has cleaning marks. Mine has very light cleaning marks that don't seem to compromise it's sharpness, but the cleaner the better, of course.

5. VinVin

VinVin New to Leica Place

Feb 6, 2015
    Well i ended up getting the 2 noktons lol i might look into something smaller as time goes by.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1