Old school style B&W with the M240 with the 28mm Elmarit f2.8 and the 50mm Summilux f1.4

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by rflove, Aug 26, 2015.

1. rflove

rflove Leica Place Regular Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Today's shoot B&W developed with Perfect B&W 9 Suite and LR5 L1009069-Edit. L1009076-Edit. L1009081-Edit. L1009092-Edit. L1009096. L1009108-Edit.

• Like Like x 9
  2. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    "Whatta Dame!"

Great pics from the shoot, Manuel! Looks like you had the station to yourselves, good timing?

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. VINCETAN

VINCETAN Leica Place Top Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Very nice

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. Mijo

Mijo Leica Place Veteran

Apr 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    The first image is my favorite from the set, b/c of the composition. The focus looks off on the last image, it appears to be on the model's shoulder rather than her eyes / face (I'm not sure if that's what you were going for or not).

Those were the only two lens I had for a long time, I really liked that two lens combo. Sold the elmarit and really regret it now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    I expect to see Humphrey Bogart sitting next to her, "Whistling"...

Great shots. If you ever come across a Summarit 5cm F1.5, or a Xenon 5cm f1.5- would be really interesting for a shoot like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rflove

rflove Leica Place Regular Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2014
    My model found this neat Railroad Museum hidden in plain sight! She wanted a shoot there in a "character" style. Being a weekday in the afternoon, we had the place for ourselves. I like shooting her, she knows how to pose and understands light and location. I shoot with ambient light and sometimes my old eyes just can't see the the RF screen very well in dim light... These shots were all fairly long exposures and I had to use a tripod, shooting from 2 feet off the ground in cramped quarters was a bit of a challenge too, but lots of fun!.

I think we will return to the place again for more shooting with better color clothing. And anyway, I want to shoot the old locomotives, cars, etc. The place is really quite wonderful.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Peter Klein

Peter Klein Leica Place Regular

Dec 31, 2014
    Seattle
    Peter Klein
    You really got the 1940s look in these shots. Great job.
    --Peter

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ricoh

Ricoh Leica Place Regular

Sep 8, 2015
    UK
    Steve
    Stunning captures, and model of course!
    This ain't doing anything to alleviate my Leica GAS!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christilou

Christilou Leica Place Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Excellent photos and lovely model, it makes a nice change to see a more mature lady and her confidence shows :). I took out my Zeiss 25mm for the last half hour at Goodwood and was amazed by how much more freedom the wider angle gives over the 50 that I normally use. Feeling inspired to use it more now:)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ricoh

Ricoh Leica Place Regular

Sep 8, 2015
    UK
    Steve
    May be 'more mature', but definitely elegant, like a Leica!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. M240

M240 Leica Place Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    USA (Indiana)
    Sometimes older is better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1