Outside Joe Patti's Seafood Store (Pensacola)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by raid, Nov 21, 2015.

1. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    Nov21---15s. Nov21---38s. Nov21---39s. Nov21(2)---5s. Nov21(2)---10s.

I was yesterday at Joe Patti's Seafood Store with my E-P2 and E-PL1 cameras, using my old Zeiss lenses. Here, I used the recently repaired Zeiss Planar 85mm/1.4. For some reasons, I keep on returning to these old lenses. I don't need any sharper lenses or somehow better lenses. My M 4/3 adapters are cheap, and I could benefit from better ones.

• Like Like x 3
  2. brusby

brusby Leica Place Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 1, 2014
    There's something nice and reassuring about old things, including lenses. Doesn't Joe Patti's have stone crabs? I think I'd have to pop inside after my evening photo session and scarf down a few.

3. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    They may have such items. They have lots of seafood.

4. Robin

Robin Leica Place Regular Subscribing Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Brusby, a bit off topic but hey some folks don't eat seafood for one reason or another. But how about those shots. Me I don't use the modern cameras but love the classic glass. Seeing the waterfront takes me back to New Orleans. River, lake or swamp. Miss it all---all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. brusby

brusby Leica Place Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Robin, I like the golden glow and languid feel of Raid's shots. Pensacola is a few hours from New Orleans but the rozos and the general feeling of the scenes are very similar to what we have in some areas around here.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    I used to drive from Pensacola to New Orleans, about once a month. I eventually published an article on night photography in the French Quarter in SHUTTERBUG.