Showcase Sample Archive: Voigtlander 25mm F4.0 Snapshot Skopar LTM

Discussion in 'Leica M and LTM Mount Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Penfan2010, May 20, 2013.

1. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 Leica Place Regular

Apr 18, 2013
    Voigtlander 25mm F4.0 Snapshot Skopar LTM

Got this lens used on the 'Bay. Nice, solid construction, continuous scale focusing (no RF-coupling), effective 32.5mm FOV, and multiple aperture choices make it an upgraded version of my favorite Olympus 15mm Bodycap lens on M43. The silver color complements my chrome and black M8 very well.

Pretty sharp; BW conversions on LR4.4. and Silver Efex Pro2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NJH

NJH Leica Place Regular

Apr 29, 2013
    I have the M mount version of that lens, its the default fit on my M8 due in part to the tiny size and low weight. I haven't found it to have any real vices apart from heavy vignetting and a slight colour shift to the edges. Its fairly sharp across the field although not as good as the APO Lanthar 90/3.5 I picked up and not on the same level as the Zeiss planar 50/2.0. I really like the ergonomics of this lens as well with the focus tab ala Leica and the lovely aperture control, which I have knocked accidentally a few times though.

3. kingsfan

kingsfan Leica Place Regular

Mar 30, 2013
    Highland Park, CA
    nice shots, i've been thinking bout getting this lens for my m43 cameras to be my zone focus 50mm lens

4. Penfan2010

Apr 18, 2013
    Size would be great for M4/3.

5. NJH

NJH Leica Place Regular

Apr 29, 2013
    Actually I take back what I said about sharpness. I just loaded Adobe PSE 11 for the first time last night and got to work on various images, previously I didn't have any decent mechanism for processing the cameras DNGs. My god the detail from this camera is unreal, its hard to believe a lot of the time that you're looking at the images at 100% in ACR. I think this lens is plenty sharp enough but it seems to be lower contrast than my other two and really needs the light. I have also noticed that despite being a slow wide angle and the supposed huge depth of field the shots where I purposely focused on the subject are often much sharper than those where I relied on a focus zone (I set using the markings one stop down from the actual F stop i.e. set lens to F8 and set markers to those for F5.6).

6. Penfan2010

Apr 18, 2013
  7. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    The rendering is beautiful, not the sharp bokeh that you get with retro-focus wide-angles. I think this was the first lens that Cosina brought out in the Voigtlander line-up, 14 years ago?

I have the Pop Photo somewhere that introduced it, and gave the benefits of RF wide-angle lenses.