Sax

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by tmldds, Mar 12, 2014.

1. tmldds

tmldds Leica Place Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    Texas
    From my favorite jazz venue, Cezanne, in Houston. MM + 90 'cron.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Christilou

Christilou Leica Place Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Beautiful b & w. Wondering what f stop you used for this. I want to photograph the Santa Semana procession in Spain next month and will need some low light techniques!

3. tmldds

Nov 20, 2013
    Texas
    Thank you, Christilou. I believe this was shot at f/2. You just need to figure out the speed and direction of the procession to choose the ISO and speed. At least the procession may proceed at a steady pace, whereas, musicians' movements tend to be very abrupt and quick.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    That looks really good- like what would be on a classic jazz record liner.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Christilou

Christilou Leica Place Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Thanks, I saw it last year but believe it or not, I didn't have my camera with me! The procession is slow and there are static moments where the front line army stop and twirl their rifles to a drumbeat as well as the walking part with representatives from the services and children carrying very long candles. The problem is that it begins at 9 pm in dimly lit streets.

6. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    Could easily be a DownBeat feature photo. With such as these, you could team with a writer to submit articles to regional and national magazines. I'm sure the club owner would be glad to have your shots hanging in the club, too.

7. tmldds

Nov 20, 2013
    Texas
    Thank you everyone. Carlb, I will have to explore your suggestion. Usually, if I could get the musicians' email, I would send them copies.

8. BBW

BBW Leica Place Regular

Apr 15, 2013
    Agreed, your musician photos are excellent - there's a real intimate sense of being right there...and they're beautifully post processed in black and white.

• Like Like x 1