Showcase Schneider Kreuznach 75mm f/3.8 Tele-Xenar on Leica IIIc

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Mr_Flibble, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Mr_Flibble

Mr_Flibble Leica Place Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    The Lowlands
    Rick
    robotselfie01.

Not the best photo to show off the abilities of the lens, but I was having fun. f/3.8 at 1/10th I think. The film is Fomapan 100 classic. Developed in 1+100 R09 one-shot stand development.

I was rather surprised to find that something like a Robot-to-LTM adapter actually existed. Let alone that it was an affordable adapter.
    It doesn't offer rangefinder coupling with your Leica. But then again, the early Robots did not have rangefinders either.
    What surprised me also is that the lens actually covers the whole 35mm frame. I expected more vignetting because the lens is for a 24mm square format camera.

In my experimentations I discovered that the 26mm screw mount of the Robot is actually also the same as the C-mount for 16mm and CCTV cameras, but unfortunately the difference in flange distance is too great.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Cool! Where did you find the Robot adapter?

I have a couple of newer Robot lenses, for the Robot 50. And the cameras.

3. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    Cool. I would love to find a Zeiss Tenax to ltm adapter.

4. Mr_Flibble

Mr_Flibble Leica Place Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    The Lowlands
    Rick
    My partner in photographic crime found the M26 to leica adapter on Ebay,
    And he told me I was buying one; well he was buying two and I had to pay for one.

They're manufactured by a company called Yeenon from HongKong.

• Like Like x 1