SF Leica Store

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Mijo, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Mijo

Mijo Leica Place Veteran

Apr 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    Camera West is opening a Leica store in San Francisco, it's suppose to be open next Monday (June 30th). I actually checked out the location a few weeks ago, it's across the street from the main Chinatown entrance near Union Square. If anyone is going to the grand opening and wants to meet up, please post to this thread. I will definitely check it out on Monday.

2. asiafish

asiafish Leica Place All-Pro

Aug 9, 2013
    Bakersfield, CA
    Andrew
    I walked past it yesterday (stayed in the hotel right next door) and it appears to be coming along nicely. Is this a factory store?

3. Mijo

Mijo Leica Place Veteran

Apr 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    I'm not sure since it's affiliated with Camera West. My understanding is that Leica Boutiques carry other equipment vs factory stores that carry only Leica equipment. The other Camera West stores are boutiques.

4. russelljtdyer

russelljtdyer Leica Place Regular

Aug 2, 2013
    Milan, Italy
    Russell J.T. Dyer
    Take a photo of the new store for us to see and post it here, please.

5. Mijo

Mijo Leica Place Veteran

Apr 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    It wasn't worth taking a picture of, they did not have all their furniture or prints in place yet. The cabinets are up and so are the stand alone display cases but that's it, there's just a lot of empty space right now. All their products are out, even used gear, and they even have a couple black T bodies that they need to unpack and should be out later today.

I asked about on site services and it looks like they will be offering sensor cleaning for $50 and that's it. One of the employees mention that they will offer classes but it might not be till next year. Their official grand opening will be in August, today is just a soft opening.