Tamron 90mm 2.5 (Rasha)

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by raid, Jan 8, 2016.

1. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    I used the Tamron 90mm 2.5 macro lens on the Olympus E-PL1. tamron-3copy s. tamron-6 copy s. tamron-7 copy s. tamron-8 copy s. tamron-7 s.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    I like the last on, in color, the best.

I prefer the focus on the eye nearest to the camera.

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

1 and 4!!

4. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    Thank you, Brian and Dale. Someone gave me a Tamron to M4/3 adapter, so I tried it out. The 90mm lens gives a 180mm view, and it was difficult to compose when sitting on same sofa.

5. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    This is the color version. There was very little light, and the stabilizing system in the E-PL1 works remarkably well.

tamron-7.

• Like Like x 2
  6. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    A macro lens shows details well. Now my 90mm lens is a 180mm lens. The E-PL1 has a 10x magnification focus assist too.

7. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    Here are some images of Dana. I took these today in downtown Pensacola. macrotmr.

• Like Like x 1
  8. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    Dana macrotmr-9.

• Like Like x 1
  9. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    Dana macrotmr-3.

• Like Like x 2
  10. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    The lens is "too sharp".

11. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

I'm not sure what you mean. I look at the skin, and it has perfect tone and no signs of oversharpening on the other features - eyebrows, lips, all look just right. Portraits probably look easy to most people, but they aren't usually easy. Does different lighting make a difference? I wouldn't think so on a professional camera.

• Like Like x 1
  12. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    I meant that each small skin blemish shows up. I chose the light/place very carefully.

13. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

Well, in my opinion, and after working on lots of people-photos, I've come to see that digital sensors aren't as good as film in rendering small details such as blemishes accurately. Just the smallest mis-registration of a shadow on one side of a blemish, from light that's not perfectly diffuse, will tend to make it look artificial. I think that film grains, although technically they aren't higher in detail, tend to be more randomly distributed, and thus don't create a "line-draw" effect.

• Like Like x 1
  14. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    This could be true. Good point.

15. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    I like the M Monochrom for "daughters in teen years"... Use a Red or Orange filter, the blemishes tend to not show up as prominently.

• Like Like x 1