Pink Cricket

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
Some of you will be familiar with the aussie fast bowler Glenn McGrath. He lost his wife Jane some years back after a long battle with breast cancer (he has recently remarried). Before Jane's death they set up a foundation bearing her name to raise awareness of and funds to research breast cancer with the theme colour being PINK. We have seen top cricket teams compete wearing pink accessories.

It was the turn of my grandson's team recently and the pink wickets, pads and helmets were provided by the foundation. In this way a sizeable sum of $$$ was raised and everyone joined in the fun (I snacked on a pink sushi roll).

The team lined up for a photo.

5491326639_eb6e1fbe7a_z.jpg

Pink donuts at "tea" (half time for non cricketers).

5491918772_ba103ef40a_z.jpg

Some of the action.

5491917070_643ec07a67_z.jpg

Like the last shot.

The Ireland team at the World Cup dyed their hair or shaved their heads for an Irish cancer charity before the game against England. It seemed to work - they beat England by three wickets.

Beautiful photos, Bill and I'm very your grandson and his fellow teammates' caring, camaraderie and fundraising for an important cause. :bravo-009:

That last one - your action shot is really great, Bill! I think you are the team photographer!

Thanks for sharing this story and photos with us Bill... I know nothing of this sport but looks very interesting. A good gesture and great color here.
Cheers,
Pete

Great set of pictures..
Especially I love the Uniform color...Its really pretty and will love to see it in International matches as well..

Back