Want to know your opinion

Discussion in 'Leica M Camera Forum' started by kevin stanley, Dec 6, 2017 at 10:27 AM.

1. kevin stanley

kevin stanley New to Leica Place

Wednesday
    I am new here and to Leica though not to film as i use an Olympus OM1N, I had the chance to buy my first rangefinder and my first LEICA. Its an 1967 M4 with a Summaricon 1:2.8/35 Leitz Wetzlar lens(1628130) and a Leitz Canada 1: 2.8/90 Tele-elmarit lens(2215466) all for $150.00,what can you tell me from experience, A: IS IT A GOOD DEAL B:ANY INFO ON THE LENSES C:ANY TIPS ON THIS CAMERA (USE,CARE,COMPOSITION). THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELPScreenshot_2017-12-06-03-26-36.jpgScreenshot_2017-12-06-03-26-48.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 11:19 AM
  2. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    This is an insanely good deal- GRAB IT!

3. kevin stanley

Wednesday
    I already bought it and it seems to be in working condition without knowing how to calibrate the shutter speeds or at least check for accuracy

4. kevin stanley

Wednesday
    the serial number of the body is 1182310

5. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    Start shooting it, see what you get ... Dang, you just got the deal of the century. Careful though, shooting Leicas is addicting!

6. kevin stanley

Wednesday
    I hope it's addicting..Iol...I forgot I did have 1 range finder..a richomatic..advances with a lever in the bottom...my dad brought it back over after the korean war.is there anything I need to look for on this camera before using it?

7. kevin stanley

Wednesday
    I hope it's addicting lol always loved the Leica,is there anything I need to check out early, before loading it or is shooting it the best way to find out more

8. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    Wind without film, and the back open, and on a relatively slow shutter speed: Does the shutter open and close with the shutter button depress? If so, close enough to start trying a roll of film.

With a tape measure going to some stationary targets, see if the rangefinder focus matches pretty well to the distance markings on the lens. Regardless, try a series of shots with the RF focus in front of, on, and behind target. Write down which number shot(s) in the series should be the "RF on-focus" point). Use wide-open apertures for this.

You'll start to figure out if camera and lenses are well matched to each other.

Anyone else?

9. kevin stanley

Wednesday
    thank you very much, that was gold in itself