X2 does Italy

Discussion in 'Leica X Forum' started by BruPri, Oct 24, 2013.

1. BruPri

BruPri Leica Place Regular

Apr 26, 2013
    I posted these over at SC, thought I'd share here..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Those images are beautiful, and really show off what the X2 can do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. russelljtdyer

russelljtdyer Leica Place Regular

Aug 2, 2013
    Milan, Italy
    Russell J.T. Dyer
    Two More in Rome

I don't own a Leica X2, but I have taken some photos in Italy. Since no one else has been adding photos or comments to this thread for a while, I hope it's alright that I add two photos I took in Italy with a different camera. I took these two in Rome with a Zeiss Ikon camera and a Zeiss Biogon f/2 35mm ZM lens. I used Kodak Portra VC 160 film.

russelljtdyer-07072013-leicaplace-rome-1.

I love those trees. They lined the roads from Rome to the vast reaches of the Roman Empire two thousand years ago. They provided shade to troops marching the roads and a clear view of anyone approaching.

russelljtdyer-07072013-leicaplace-rome-2.

The woman in the foreground is a friend of mine from Moscow. She's sitting in front of the Colosseum.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Brian

Brian Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Always room for film!

5. tmldds

tmldds Leica Place Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    Texas
    Very nice sets and they brought back great memories. I will have to find my shots from Venice and post them.

6. asiafish

asiafish Leica Place All-Pro

Aug 9, 2013
    Bakersfield, CA
    Andrew
    My upcoming trip to Germany and Austria should yield many images, but they will probably be shot with my Canon 6D. Probably will bring just the 6D and Sony RX100 and leave the Leicas and primes at home. Its an anniversary, not photography trip.

7. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    I used to travel to Germany and Austria in past years. Both places are wonderful. Bavaria is strategically located, with easy access to several neighboring countries. I usually visit Strassburg and Innsbruck when driving to Austria. The trip from Austria (over the Alps) to the northern part of Italy (or, South Tyrol) is awesome.

8. asiafish

asiafish Leica Place All-Pro

Aug 9, 2013
    Bakersfield, CA
    Andrew
    No car. We will spend three days in Berlin, two in Sabbaburg, three in Munich, three is Salzburg and three in Vienna.