Zeiss ZM 35mm 1.4

Discussion in 'Leica M and LTM Lenses' started by serhan, Sep 16, 2014.

1. serhan

serhan Leica Place Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    NYC
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Amin

Amin Administrator

Mar 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rbelyell

rbelyell Leica Place Veteran

May 25, 2014
    the contax mount slr 35/1.4 distagon is one of the most special lenses ive ever seen. if its anything like that, wow!

4. VINCETAN

VINCETAN Leica Place Top Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    I agree that the SLR version is great but it is huge. I had that one with my D800e and ended up selling it because it is so big. I might get this ZM version eventually. I currently have the Lux-ASPH Titanium and might switch it to the Zeiss.

5. Mijo

Mijo Leica Place Veteran

Apr 11, 2013
    San Francisco
    The size and lack of the focus tab are negating factors for me, but I also already own the 35 FLE. I do wish the FLE had more contrast but then again I would just get the current elmarit 28mm as it's pretty close to the 35mm FL and has the features that I want (smaller size, focus tab, 6 bit coded).

6. AlbertTRAL

AlbertTRAL Leica Place Regular

Knowing that both Zeiss and Leica's curves are mesured ones and not calculated (as most of the rest), I have put the Distagon and the Summilux curves one on top of the other... I think that, waiting for a real test, the outcome is pretty clear... (although the weight and size also... ;-) :)) .... well, and somebody will also say..."do not forget the price"... :-D

uuYwCtA. .... 245cHRw.

uQTmU8X. ...... fKmmZJC.

• Like Like x 1
  7. carlb

carlb Leica Place Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 1, 2013
    Looks to be a prime de-la prime. :)

8. raid

raid Leica Place All-Pro

Apr 12, 2013
    USA
    Raid
    I have to be content with the lenses that I already own and use. The money "saved" can be used in trips to Europe with the family.

• Like Like x 2